Uncategorized

A library of human imagination: Jay Walker on TED.com

Posted by: Tedstaff

Jay Walker, curator of the Library of Human Imagination, conducts a surprising show-and-tell session highlighting a few of the intriguing artifacts that backdropped the 2008 TED stage. (Recorded February 2008 in Monterey, California. Duration: 7:09.)

Watch Jay Walker’s talk on TED.com, where you can download this TEDTalk, rate it, comment on it and find other talks and performances from our archive of 350+ TEDTalks — including more talks about books.

Get TED delivered:
Subscribe to the TEDTalks video podcast via RSS >>
Get updates via Twitter >>
Join our Facebook fan page >>

• Jenny Hopper commented on Apr 22 2009

I liked the library, takes great vision to create something like that. I wish I could be there live and tour his library, This looks like an truly amazing project !

• Andy Rafferty commented on Mar 24 2009

Interesting topic although some of his theories are a bit dubious to say the least. Yes the bag of coal theory, I don’t believe that! But I liked the library, takes great vision to create something like that.

• Mike Crabe commented on Feb 22 2009

Library of human knowledge? This looks like an amazing project.

• alan buchanan commented on Feb 9 2009

Some of it does look quite interesting, but yeah, maybe for the younger audience.
    Some how i dont think it takes a bag of coal in power to download a 200mb file!!

lottery

• Kostas Kostiou commented on Jan 11 2009

Well this is certainly a new way of perceiving the history of the World and connect human achievements. The priceline.com CEO is still innovative, to say the least, in connecting things together. However, I find him more suitable for a very young audience – not for the average adult. (Kostandinos Kostiou)

• Robert Riley commented on Mar 26 2009

Just finished watching his show and I must say I enjoyed every bit of it. Well I wouldn’t estimate Jay’s contribution. A lot of companies could take great advantage of his ideas. I wish I could be there live and tour his library… :) I’m curious what he would say about next generation teleconferencing ideas like telepresence