Winter is sweeping into the Northern Hemisphere! For many, this will be a season for storytelling and ritual, for reconnecting with family, for taking time off work, for just staying indoors and keeping warm … and for getting stranded at airports.
Whatever your winter tradition, TED wants to wish you a heartfelt “Happy Holidays!” with this list of 10 great TEDTalks to warm your hearth — and to keep at-the-ready on your laptop or iPhone for those times when the only other options are mass-market paperbacks.
- Stefana Broadbent: How the Internet enables intimacy >>
- Devdutt Pattanaik: East vs. west — the myths that mystify >>
- Evelyn Glennie: Learn how to listen >>
- Itay Talgam: Lead like the great conductors >>
- Magnus Larsson: Turning sand dunes into architecture >>
- Beau Lotto: Optical illusions show how we see >>
- Robert Thurman: Expanding your circle of compassion >>
- James Forbes: Compassion at the dinner table >>
- Daniel Pink: The surprising science of motivation >>
- Stefan Sagmeister: The power of time off >>