TED2010

Posted by: Emily McManus

A much-requested slide from Dr. William Li’s TEDTalk in Session 2:

Antiangiogenic.jpg

Courtesy The Angiogenesis Foundation

1 2 3
  • Pingback: Quora

• Pingback: What are you going to have for diner: Eating to Starve Cancer | The Desk of the Renaissance Man

• Pingback: Background – What are the facts about food, angiogenesis, and cancer prevention? « Angiogenesis Foundation News

• Pingback: Natural Compound Found Effective Against Prostate Cancer

• Rechard Do commented on Jul 8 2010

This is a list of great food seafood, I love all the foods on this list. My favorite dishes are sea cucumber served with mustard and drink beer. Thank for your sharing this post .

• Pratik Sriv commented on Jun 15 2010

Is it about eating a cancer prevention diet or health promoting diet?
    Some foods in this list will only benefit those with cancer although there are lots of missing holes… As per http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp2LOJoah38 there are many items which, though considered healthy will actually harm your OVERALL well-being in the long-term.

• Elina Pavlidis commented on Jun 14 2010

I would advice reading Anticancer by David Servan-Schreiber..
    it lists all fruits, veggies, beverages, spices etc that have been proven to work against angiogenesis..

• geraldine willis commented on Jun 9 2010

so what about the dogs with tumours? what do I feed my dog and where do i find the antiangiogenesis cream that he speaks of?

• Jennifer Leigh commented on Jun 4 2010

I would like to see the other slide, that showed the efficacy of the various foods vs. medications. So, not just the list, but a ranked list.

• Steven Sashen commented on Jun 2 2010

Since Dr. Li said these foods were effective in amounts that one might eat in a normal diet, I’d love to see info on how much of each of these foods he recommends (over, say, the course of a week, since I’m unlikely to get all of those in every day).

And, of course, I’d love to know how much “other” I should eat ;-)

• Tim Jessup commented on May 26 2010

Rahmin

Conclusion to Omega 6 study

This advisory was undertaken to summarize the current evidence on the consumption of omega-6 PUFAs, particularly LA, and CHD risk. Aggregate data from randomized trials, case-control and cohort studies, and long-term animal feeding experiments indicate that the consumption of at least 5% to 10% of energy from omega-6 PUFAs reduces the risk of CHD relative to lower intakes. The data also suggest that higher intakes appear to be safe and may be even more beneficial (as part of a low–saturated-fat, low-cholesterol diet). In summary, the AHA supports an omega-6 PUFA intake of at least 5% to 10% of energy in the context of other AHA lifestyle and dietary recommendations. To reduce omega-6 PUFA intakes from their current levels would be more likely to increase than to decrease risk for CHD.

• Whisang Jo commented on May 18 2010

Wow.. it’s really informative. But once take a look this list, just got to know “wow they are so normal foods!” if I tried, it could have been able to take any of them at any grocery shop though” So, what really matters is “one’s attention to these food for antiangiogenics”
    Otherwise it exactly will be the same. Have to send this slide to my wife and parents.

• Mary Goodson commented on May 17 2010

I’d love to hear Dr. Li’s insights about the benefits of LIVE foods over those picked and shipped many miles. I’ve been using the Live Green Smoothie diet for a couple of months, and have lost 50lbs. His talk explains why this works so incredibly well!

• Mary Goodson commented on May 17 2010

From the texts of the Baha’i Faith:

“… it is possible to cure by foods, aliments and fruits; but as today the science of medicine is imperfect, this fact is not yet fully grasped. When the science of medicine reaches perfection, treatment  will be given by foods, aliments, fragrant fruits and vegetables…”
    ~ Abdu’l-Baha

• Terry Moore commented on May 9 2010

This was one of the most interesting presentations of TED2010. Why isn’t it available yet?

• Tom Gilboy commented on Mar 3 2010

Hope this talk is posted soon. I have a friend diagnosed with mesothelioma last week who’s now trying to put together a way to deal with it, and this looks promising.

• John La Puma commented on Feb 19 2010

Glad to see these ideas about healthy food, healthy you are getting traction: we call it “culinary medicine” and the more people, the better. I’m asked about breast cancer more than any other, but some of the very best data for food and cancer is in colorectal: remarkable data published in JAMA and elsewhere show prevention of recurrence with the right diet.
    JL
    Author, ChefMD’s Big Book of Culinary Medicine

• Rahmin Sarabi commented on Feb 12 2010

Great slide, but I’m confused why grape seed oil was included in the list. Grape seed oil is ~70% linoleic acid (omega-6), which is believed to be a significant contributor to oxidization of LDL and Heart Disease.

Any thoughts?

• Jeffrey Cufaude commented on Feb 11 2010

Excellent info on the slide, but someone get a slide designer in here stat. This is perhaps the most over-used background and text combo in the history of PowerPoint.

• T McGiver commented on Feb 12 2010

Slide worked fine for me. Maybe you need to speak with your optometrist?

• Marina Morales commented on May 19 2010

hahahha, the slide is just fine, blue bg and white text….yellow titles… it works!

• Danielle Gray commented on Jun 29 2012

What counts is not the quality of the slide but the quality of the message.

• Bo Yu Chen commented on Feb 10 2010

Very informative. I love everything on the list and I eat most of them often, Bok Choy is heavenly delicious when you cook with soy sauce.

1 2 3