TED2010

Imagination: Roundup of TED2010 Session 9

Posted by: Emily McManus

TED2010_21417_D31_6694_1280

Temple Grandin: If you have these smart geeky kids with a touch of autism, you need to get them turned on to cool things.

TED2010_21555_D31_6832_1280

Chris Anderson (of Wired): We think the tablet is the future of magazines. Flexibility in design, plus interactivity. (He’s holding the March 2010 issue of Wired.)

TED2010_21153_D71_0057_1280

Mitchell Joachim, a TED Fellow: Imagine growing your own home — out of meat. Read our Q&A with Joachim >>

TED2010_21166_D71_0070_1280

Designer Marian Bantjes: On every job I ask: Does my work bring joy? inspire wonder? provoke curiosity?

TED2010_22464_D31_7274_1280

Denis Dutton: Some of these beautiful, symmetrical Acheulean hand axes show no wear on their edges. What were they for? Perhaps they were art. Perhaps these ancient hand axes are not tools, but what Darwinians call “fitness signals” — like a peacock’s tail. “Why don’t you come up to my cave, so I can show you my hand axes?”

TED2010_22688_D31_7498_1280

Raghava KK: I might look like a clean sweet boy. But I am capable of thinking anything!

• baris pinar commented on Apr 3 2010

hadiyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• William Noah commented on Feb 23 2010

Yes. this is nice blog, Welcome to my blog:

• Ay?e Seda Demirel commented on Feb 14 2010

Raghava and Temple touched me so deeply…
    Very beautiful people, beautiful hearts, beautiful souls and minds….
    I will never give up on HOPE as long as these kinds of magic people exist…
    Thank you TED once again for introducing such kind of people making differences on our wisdom and thank you for the great webstream on my full screen TV. I feel previlileged :)

• Linda Ashworth commented on Feb 14 2010

Bill’s talk so clearly laid out what is needed in the world now.

• Sebastian Mathews commented on Feb 14 2010

My cousin is 11 years old and autistic, Temple’s talk gave me great ideas re: how to work with him… Does anyone have notes from that session they could send me? Thanks!

• Douglas Newby commented on Feb 13 2010

Temple Grandin has amazing insights and even more surprising, she is completely charming.

• Pablo Legorreta commented on Feb 12 2010

I was blown away by the brilliance, elegance and simplicity of Bill Gate’s talk in which he eloquently explained global warming today at TED. More importantly I was humbled by the realization that this amazing billonaire which could be doing anyting in life, has chosen to work for the world – for you, me and everyone in the planet – for free, to make it a better place. Thank you Bill for your passion and generocity.