TEDTalks

Remembering Steve Jobs

Posted by: Tedstaff

This evening, Apple announced that Steve Jobs, its legendary leader, has died. Watch his powerful talk “How to live before you die” — in which Jobs urges us to pursue our dreams and see the opportunities in life’s setbacks, including death itself.

Tom Rielly, TED’s community director and an early Mac fanboy, writes: “Steve Jobs changed my life totally and utterly (and obviously, I’m not the only one). From the moment he introduced Macintosh with mesmerizing flair, I was hooked by his charisma. I knew that his invention would change everything. Even though I’ve met him only a few times, I felt a deep personal connection to him and his work that transcends the rational. When I heard the news today, I felt physically ill and terribly sad for his wife and children. I will always be grateful to him and the teams he led that brought us the Mac, the iPod, the iPad, Pixar, iTunes … Quite simply he is my hero.”

• Vilas Bhoge commented on Oct 6 2011

He created whole Picture and shared his struggle and emphatic moments of his life in form of 3 grt stories at stanford…… with each story giving strong messages , ……..which he wanted every young grads to understand and spread it ..to there future generations….
    I am fortunate enough to watch it ….and will try to be “Hungry and Foolish” …..simple but very strong words….
    He strongly explained to us that Nothing is Unfortunate..in Life….it’s the way u look at it and how Confidently you..still love…to do things which you believe …in….
    Its definatly a…Silent moment …as he is Einstein..of our Gen’s….and I salute him…..for making our complex wired world ….Visually friendly….and inventing different Products to suit our Lifestyle…..
    Thanks Steve for creating difference….. and you …will always be remembered and stay in my heart forever…..

• Miz Universe commented on Oct 6 2011

Yes EVERY person should listen to this inspirational speech by Steve. NO EXCUSES that what Steve was all about. He fought for his health so bravely, but lost his battle and has been taken from us. I am So sorry for Steve’s close friends and family for their loss and send my sincere condolences.
    Steve truly was an amazing human being and in a cruel twist of fate, had everything but his health. It is devastating for us all to lose him at such a young age. Taken from us all far far too soon, he is now on his iCloud
    R.I.P. Steve Jobs. We shall never forget you.

• Sonia Garcia commented on Oct 6 2011

I can’t wait to see him introducing the iHeaven from heaven. He must be working from up there on a new Heaven, thin, light, approachable, even portable, he will create a new vision of Heaven.
    He was my idol, a genious , he was the best business, creative, visionaire leader and we are so fortunate to have lived all these years enjoying his Job, great Job, Mr Jobs.See you in Heaven

• Mike W commented on Oct 6 2011

Best commencement speech ever (Stanford 2005 – Look it up on Youtube). Watch it every couple of months for inspiration. Remembering him as the person he was, not for his accomplishments (iPhone, Ipad, etc.). Great man, great inspiration. “Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish”.

Mike W

• Pingback: Steve Jobs – In Memory Of Steve Jobs | Video By Email | Free Video Email | Video Conferencing

• commented on Oct 6 2011

Steve Jobs lived fearlessly, refusing to go with the flow, to bow to internal politics or convention, redefining our digital age. I share a few thoughts about the passing of this icon of the Information Age on my blog at http://bit.ly/oHci4M #ThankYouSteve

• Pingback: How Steve Jobs Will Keep Me Young Forever | Glitter and Razz

• Fara Gold commented on Oct 6 2011

Jobs was an amazing passionate dreamer. He demonstrated, like Einstein, the ability to manifest thought into a multi-dimensional reality. Jobs was a great intelligence inhabiting a human body for a moment in time. Jobs spirit will continue to create in other realms. Us little humans are enjoying the tools and gifts of his creativity in this temporal physical realm. May your soul transcend the illusions of the Bardos to achieve the enlightenment you yearned to experience on earth.

• Attila Volgyi commented on Oct 6 2011

Jobs was a great man and it is a great speech – but it has a DotSub version like all the other TED talks with a multi lingual translatin like the other TED talks.
    Maybe it would be better to replace it with that version.

• Vic Devera commented on Oct 6 2011

I wish I could peek into that place and time, called Divinity and Eternity, when the Lord was creating Steve Jobs, infusing him with a morsel of His vast intelligence, with the sole purpose in His Mind to let forgetful men of so little faith know that technology and science will never ever decipher the greatness of God Almighty. The Lord merely gave us a glimpse of what heaven is through only one of the many great men He has created, Steve Jobs.

• Ken Walker commented on Oct 6 2011

I used The Mac Before it was cool, before the I Touch, I Phone and
    I Pad, when everybody else was using Window. People use to say to me, why are you using that computer there are no program for it, they don’t use it in the classroom and it’s not in the work force. I knew different because the first time I ever use a Mac I was hook like a fish on a line. I think the hole world knows what I knew back then. We are all on that same line.
    Here’s something about THE MAN behind it all, MR JOBS.
    NOBODY else in the computer industry, or any other industry for that matter who by the force of his charisma, intuition and personality reshaped industries and turned Apple into America’s most valued company, Mr Jobs was a man ahead of his time. But in the end he changed reality, channelling the magic of computing into products that reshaped music, telecoms and media. On Wednesday, America lost its most successful chief executive, the technology industry lost its greatest visionary, and Silicon Valley lost a giant whose influence will be felt for years to come.

Steve Jobs, 1955-2011: Technology’s greatest visionary.

Travel Well my friend

• Pingback: The Dots Will Connect « Inside-Out Peace

• Pingback: While my guitar gently weeps « thelollydiaries

• Sentayehu Seifu Bedework commented on Oct 6 2011

Thumb up for his last remark “STAY HUNGRY, STAY FOOLISH”.

• Sentayehu Seifu Bedework commented on Oct 6 2011

We lost one of the world visionary, he was a role model and an inspiration for most of us. The best CEO ever, enterpruner and innovator . We will really miss him but his great work and his legacy will remain. R I P!!!

• derek o sullivan commented on Oct 6 2011

One of the most inspirational individuals in living memory. He will be sadly missed.
    Heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

• Akira Uchimura commented on Oct 6 2011

every time I have a hard time executing our projects. I listen to this talk. My mind gets cleared of the insecurities, and I get pumped up again to work some more. Steve Jobs was like Redbull for my brain.

• georg wachberger commented on Oct 6 2011

carry the stevie flag!

keep beauty, passion and love for innovation alive! do not believe those who want to make you believe the world is essentially a spread sheet or the balance on a bank account.

make things more beautiful. make tools more human and not the other way round humans more tool-like.

i think this is what steve jobs would like to see us doing.

• Vojtech Zalesky commented on Oct 6 2011