TEDTalks

Remembering Steve Jobs

Posted by: Tedstaff

This evening, Apple announced that Steve Jobs, its legendary leader, has died. Watch his powerful talk “How to live before you die” — in which Jobs urges us to pursue our dreams and see the opportunities in life’s setbacks, including death itself.

Tom Rielly, TED’s community director and an early Mac fanboy, writes: “Steve Jobs changed my life totally and utterly (and obviously, I’m not the only one). From the moment he introduced Macintosh with mesmerizing flair, I was hooked by his charisma. I knew that his invention would change everything. Even though I’ve met him only a few times, I felt a deep personal connection to him and his work that transcends the rational. When I heard the news today, I felt physically ill and terribly sad for his wife and children. I will always be grateful to him and the teams he led that brought us the Mac, the iPod, the iPad, Pixar, iTunes … Quite simply he is my hero.”

• bura tadu commented on Aug 23 2013

uptil I looked at the paycheck ov $8691, I accept that my cousin was like they say truley bringing home money parttime at their laptop.. there uncle started doing this for under nine months and by now cleared the debts on their home and got a gorgeous Cadillac. go to, http://www.mac22.com

• tuka sako commented on Aug 22 2013

as Marvin replied I didn’t know that a single mom can make $4482 in a few weeks on the internet. did you read this web page http://www.mac22.com

• Michael Greenspan commented on Oct 7 2012

Apple recently released a 1 year memorial video for Mr. Jobs. I thought it was very nicely done. If you’ve not seen it, you can watch it here: http://hubski.com/pub?id=42675

Enjoy.

• Pingback: Would You Like To Know More? | UpLook

• commented on Oct 29 2011

Steve Jobs, you are great!

• cani cansin commented on Oct 11 2011

i think everyone should write him at i-remembersteve.com

• Pingback: Steve Jobs' død - Kforum

• jane boxer commented on Oct 10 2011

In theses days we speak, read and listen so much about Steve Jobs…that huge man…I was wondering will there ever be another steve jobs??? I found what think about this the people who lnow him closer, but what do YOU think?

• glenn allout commented on Oct 9 2011

“Steve Jobs Dies, Apple Products Stop Working”

Millions of Apple products, including iPhones, iPods, iPads, and Mac computers, suddenly stopped working on Wednesday when Apple founder Steve Jobs died of pancreatic cancer late that night. Apple issued a statement saying that they are working ’round the clock to devise and implement a solution, though they said it is proving difficult to devise and implement anything very successfully without their genius leader.

• Jinyang Wang commented on Oct 8 2011

Thank you, mr.Jobs! You are the best leader of our time! STAY HUNGRY, STAY FOOLISH! R.I.P! Travel well in heaven!

• marcela camacho commented on Oct 7 2011

My love for MAC is BIG. I have a Classic II with all the stuff. TO THE INFINITY AND BEYOND!! Thanks Great Man!!

• Pingback: Thank you, Steve! |

• commented on Oct 7 2011

Thank you very much, Mr. Jobs.
    Well done!
    Rest in peace. We will remember you.

• Suvo Sarkar commented on Oct 7 2011

RIP Steve, and thank you for changing our world. You are a true genius and the biggest inventor of our generation.

• James Brevoort commented on Oct 7 2011

I made a short film about Steve Jobs earlier this year, his untimely death has change the film a bit, but it still works: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvH0l2AG3GM

I wonder if he got to see it.

• Pingback: Remembering Steve Jobs « LotsaJava

• Pingback: Remembering Steve Jobs « Noah's: The Place of Life

• Chirantan Ghosh commented on Oct 6 2011

Dear Steve, Mourn you we do not,
    We Celebrate you, for the Hero you are!
    You knew what we needed,
    Much before we realized.
    This SECOND BITE on the Apple,
    Pains us more than you know.

My humble homage my Guru:

• Suzanne Lee commented on Oct 6 2011

I think I can thank Steve Jobs for my TED fellowship. I saved and saved to buy my first Mac in 1993 despite being told by an eminent personage that ‘a fashion designer would never need to use a computer’. That first Mac and every Apple product I have embraced since helped to shape my creative journey. Apple has been ever present in my life as a beautiful, thoughtful, creative partner. Steve’s family can be proud that his legacy will impact positively on the lives of millions for decades to come.

• commented on Oct 6 2011

I can just say …..the way he narrated his speech at stanford….he shared his personal struggle and emphatic moments of his life … right from his Heart… ..in form of 3 stories…which he wanted all new grads and us to follow and carry it to our future genrations …..
    Each story had strong Message….i will too try to be “Hungry and Foolish”……..

He made us believe that nothing is Unfortunate.by sharing his Failures and Personal Grieviences…its the way you look at it and how deeply and confidently you believe what you love…..and keep Moving Forward….

I salute you Steve for making our Fast Complex wired life Visually Beautiful….and Relaxing…Thanks …for making Difference and Being there for us…..You are definatly Einstein of our Gen’tn’s……..

..Your True speech has spread again a Ray of Otpimism…in my life …and you will be always remembered and will stay in my Heart ..forever….making me believe to walk that extra..Mile….
    Steve Jobs..RIP….