In the Northeastern United States, there is only one thing the mind today: snow. Weather.com, responsible for naming the coming blizzard, warns that winter storm Nemo will be “crippling.” The New York Times reports that it may bring the heaviest snowfall in a century to many areas. Meanwhile, Buzzfeed is showing images of the storm from space.
What should you do if you get snowed in, with an internet connection? Watch these TED Talks to get in the arctic spirit:
- Ken Kamler: Medical miracle on Everest
- Paul Nicklen: Tales of ice-bound wonderlands
- Nathalie Miebach: Art made of storms
- Ray Zahab treks to the South Pole
- Rob Dunbar: Discovering ancient climates in oceans and ice
- Lee Hotz: Inside an Antarctic time machine
- Ben Saunders: Why walk to the South Pole and back?
- Dale Stephens: From snow men to social movements
- Jeff Masters: The 9 biggest weather disasters in the next 30 years
Want to ignore the weather and just watch something inspiring? Check out our 20 most-watched talks of all time »