Can you put your phone down for 1 hour? Not many people can without an increase in stress levels. Designer Julia Leihener of Deutsche Telekom Laboratories’ Creation Center took the time to bring e-etiquette to techies and power users at TEDGlobal 2011. TED Blog’s Corvida Raven sat down with Julia to get her top 5 e-etiquette recommendations to keep you from looking like a douche.
- Only R2D2 is allowed to end a relationship digitally.
- A quick phone call can circumvent the need for a frustrating and interminable e-mail exchange.
- Only upload images of which your mother would approve.
- Even Romeo & Juliet set their phones to ‘airplane mode’ on their first date
- The first hour of ‘free’ coffee shop Wi-Fi costs one cappuccino and one muffin. The second hour is only a chocolate-chip cookie.
If you know someone who is in desperate need of more e-etiquette tips, don’t hesitate to send them to www.eetiquette.com for help.