You know when you start to play a TED Talk in the office — only you forget to plug in your headphones? The music can certainly be a giveaway.
But no longer! Today, we are rolling out a new preroll — that short clip that precedes each talk — on our newest talks. Created by Psyop, with support from Autodesk, this preroll evokes what happens when an idea ripples out into the world.
“TED and Psyop wanted to convey, ‘What happens when you free an idea from its silo and release it into the world?’” says TED’s Director of Film + Video, Michael Glass. “We hope that the sequence after the explosion evokes all sorts of TED-ish themes — neurons, subatomic particles, the internet, developmental systems, outer space … We wanted the video to share the experience of seeing an idea take on a life of its own as it is shared from one person to another to another to another.”
Here, the credits for the video:
- Director: Psyop
- Creative Directors: Laurent Barthelemy, Jonathan Saunders, Borja Pena
- Executive Producer: Michael Neithardt
- Producer: Ryan Mack
- Design: Jonathan Saunders, Sam Ballardini
- 3D Lead: Christian Bach
- 3D Artists: Fabio Piparo, Todd Akita, Jonah Friedman, Jonathan Lee, Chris Wilson, Bradley Gabe
- 2D Composition: Tobey Lindback, Robert Henry