For those of you who depend on your iPad, Android or iPhone for your daily dose of TED, get ready to hit the update button. To make your on-the-go TED experience that much more thought inspiring, we’ve made some wonderful updates to our apps.
Android owners, here’s what’s new for you with version 1.1
- For the hearing-impaired, or those that prefer reading along, subtitles are now available on your Android.
- And not just English subtitles — you’ll be able to browse TEDTalks available in more than 70 languages.
- Love TED Radio Hour on NPR? Well, it’ll now be built into your Android app. Just hit the Listen button in the top right!
- Not to mention that Facebook sharing will be that much easier with this new version.
iPhone and iPad TED aficionados, here’s what you can expect with version 1.8:
- Lots more talks for your viewing pleasure. With our updated app, you’ll be able to watch more TEDx and TED-Ed videos in addition to your favorite TEDTalks.
- Oh, you’re a TED Radio Hour fan too? Good! Because the NPR radio show is now available in the daily audio playlist.
- Your Facebook sharing will now be more streamlined too. In fact, you’ll be able to easily share TED videos with other iPhone and iPad users.
- And we’re working on some incredible updates for iOS 6.
On your Android, you’ll now get subtitles — in English as well as in 70 other languages.
And here, a look at the TED experience with our updated app for the iPad.