The TED Fellows are an extraordinary group of 368 people — artists, scientists, entrepreneurs and more — each at the beginning of a landmark career, and each with a story to tell, a truly unique voice. So when the folks at Medium.com asked us to create a publication for the TED Fellows, we jumped at the chance. Created by Twitter founder Evan Williams, Medium is a publishing platform that celebrates the act of writing and reading, and champions high-quality long-form journalism online.
The TED Fellows have been publishing on Medium for a few weeks now, and you’re invited to come check out what they’ve been up to. Every other week, you’ll find fresh stories and essays made by the TED Fellows just for Medium, like:
- Iranian-American comedian Negin Farsad gives a hilarious take on TED2015: What Really Happens at a TED Conference? »
- Photographer Jon Lowenstein shares his new art campaign designed to get people talking about race: These ‘Postcards from Ferguson’ Send a Powerful Message About Race in America »
- Open-source underwater-robot inventor David Lang reveals the moment that pointed his career in a new direction: How My 10,000th Day in the World Changed My Life »
- Environmental engineer and microbiologist Francis de los Reyes gives an unusual take on the world sanitation crisis: A Day in the Life of a Fecal Sludge Scientist»
- Photojournalist Anastasia Taylor-Lind on a little-discussed effect of the so-called Islamic State: The Female Soldiers of Northern Iraq Face a New Enemy »
- A conversation between astrophysicist Jedidah Isler and artist Sarah Sandman: An Artist and an Astrophysicist Walk into a Bar… What Happens Next? »
At the same time, we’re also selecting excerpts from our favorite Fellows interviews and freshening them up with new headlines and art. Enjoy some of these treats:
- How to Grow a Forest Really, Really Fast »
- I am a Deaf Artist Redefining “Sound” »
- How to Discover a Planet »
- Can You Prepare for Dementia? »
That’s just the beginning — there’s much more to come. So please pop over, have a browse and let us know what you think.