People tend to have a passive relationship with the future. Some can’t wait for it to arrive, expecting the best. Others wish it would never come, fearing the worst. Either way, most of us accept that the future is out of our hands.
But not all of us. There are an idealistic few who understand that the future doesn’t just happen. That, for better or for worse, it’s made. What’s more, they have an idea or two for how it should be made. To make the world a little better. Or to keep it from getting worse. They are optimists and activists, artists and inventors, dreamers and doers. The passion in their hearts is matched only by the fire in their eyes. And the more of them we meet, the more certain we are that the future is in good hands.
Does this sound like you? If so, you should apply to be a TED Fellow.
Since the TED Fellows program started more than a decade ago, it has supported and amplified the work of more than 500 founders of the future, who are advancing humanity through visionary action and impact. Our global community of Fellows are innovating within every field imaginable — conservation, technology, human rights, education, climate change and the arts, just to name a few.
TED Fellows are remarkable, passionate and imaginative individuals positively impacting their communities. If you’re at work on a future-shaping idea, we encourage you to apply today.
To learn more about the program, read on below, and take a look at some of our most frequently asked questions. You can also meet all the TED Fellows to learn more about our global community of more than 500 changemakers who are shaping a better future for all of us.
Apply today! The deadline is June 30, 2022 at 11:59pm UTC. We are unable to accept late applications. We look forward to hearing from you.
What happens when I’m chosen as a TED Fellow?
- You become part of a diverse, collaborative and global community of more than 500 emerging and established experts.
- You receive professional development through virtual workshops and webinars.
- You gain valuable feedback from TED’s expert coaches on how to hone, express and communicate your work and your ideas.
- You will give a TED Talk (at a virtual or live event, depending on the state of the global pandemic).
- You’ll receive career coaching and mentorship from our team of professional coaches.
- You’ll get public relations guidance and media training.
- You’ll participate in virtual programming and skill building.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in and contribute to a thriving and connected global community.
- You will receive an invitation to attend a TED conference in 2023, barring any restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
What are the requirements?
You must have…
- An idea worth spreading that you have already started to put into action, with demonstrated results of impact.
- A completed online application consisting of general biographical information, information about your work and three references. (Take your time with the application. Sit down with a cup of coffee, and tell us why you’re special!)
You must be…
- At least 18 years old to apply.
- Fluent in English.
- Eager and excited to participate in a collaborative, interdisciplinary global community.