X certainly marks the spot.
The TEDx program was launched in 2009 to bring the mission of spreading ideas to the local level, with independent organizers curating their own events for their own communities. This week, the program is celebrating many milestones. Not only did yesterday mark the 5,000th TEDx event — this week also brings the 20,000th TEDxTalk.
So which of these many talks has proved the most popular? From baby geniuses and an 11-year-old food activist to the secret of living to 100, we have counted our views from TED.com and Youtube to bring you our 20 most-watched TEDx talks to date.
- Simon Sinek on how great leaders inspire action (filmed at TEDxPugetSound in 2009):
- Brené Brown discusses the power of vulnerability (filmed at TEDxHouston in 2010):
- Shawn Achor gives us the happy secret to better work (filmed at TEDxBloomington in 2011):
- Thomas Suarez is a 12-year-old app developer (filmed at TEDxManhattanBeach in 2011):
- Jane Fonda on life’s third act (filmed at TEDxWomen in 2011):
- Louie Schwartzberg has three words: Nature. Beauty. Gratitude. (filmed at TEDxSF in 2011):
- Jason Fried asks why work doesn’t happen at work (filmed at TEDxMidWest in 2010):
- Larry Smith delivers why you will fail to have a great career (filmed at TEDxUW in 2011):
- Joe Smith reveals how to use a paper towel (filmed at TEDxConcordiaUPortland in 2012):
- Birke Baehr is 11 and knows what’s wrong with our food system (filmed at TEDxNextGenerationAsheville in 2010): 1,544,537 views
- Neil Pasricha on the 3 A’s of awesome (filmed at TEDxToronto in 2010):
- Nigel Marsh tells us how to make work-life balance work (filmed at TEDxSydney in 2010):
- Charlie Todd on the shared experience of absurdity (filmed at TEDxBloomington in 2011):
- Luis von Ahn and massive on-scale collaboration (filmed at TEDxCMU in 2011):
- Dan Meyer says math class needs a makeover (filmed at TEDxNYED in 2010):
- Amy Purdy on living beyond limits (filmed at TEDxOrangeCoast in 2011):
- Dan Buettner uncovers how to live to be 100+ (filmed at TEDxTC in 2009):
- Erez Lieberman Aiden, Jean-Baptiste Michel and what we learned from 5 million books (filmed at TEDxBoston in 2011): 1,088,771 views
- Patricia Kuhl shares the linguistic genius of babies (filmed at TEDxRainier in 2010):
- Michael Norton knows how to buy happiness (filmed at TEDxCambridge in 2011):