As we perused the Time 100 today, the magazine’s annual list of the 100 most influential people of the year, we couldn’t help but notice many familiar faces. Among those included for 2015: investment expert Mellody Hobson, public interest lawyer Bryan Stevenson, novelist Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, political scientist Samantha Power, economist Thomas Piketty and mental healthcare advocate Vikram Patel. Below, watch the TED Talks from these fascinating people.
Mellody Hobson on why race can no longer be the “conversational third rail” in the workplace:
Bryan Stevenson shares hard truths about the American justice system:
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie on why a single narrative never gives the full story:
Samantha Power on a UN diplomat who walked a thin moral line:
Thomas Piketty on how economic inequality is getting worse:
And Vikram Patel on how to provide mental health interventions in places where therapists are not available:
But that’s just the start. Below, more community members who appeared in the Time 100:
- Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala Yousafzai made the list. Watch her introduce her father’s TED Talk.
- Newly minted presidential candidate Hillary Clinton nominated Elizabeth Warren, and was also nominated herself. Watch her speak at TEDWomen.
- Former Australian prime minister Kevin Rudd nominated Xi Jinping. Watch Rudd’s TED Talk.
- Marina Abramović nominated Björk. Read about Abramović’s talk at TED2015, and check out Björk’s playlist of her favorite talks.
- Richard Branson nominated Tony Fernandes. Watch Branson’s TED Talk.
- Elon Musk nominated Kanye West. Watch Musk’s TED Q&A.
- Dancer Misty Copeland appeared on one of the five covers for this special edition of Time. Watch her speak at TEDxGeorgetown.
- Entrepreneur Reid Hoffman appeared in the “Titans” category. Watch his TEDx Talk.
- Restaurateur Danny Meyer was also nominated. Watch him speak at TEDxManhattan.
- Mary’s Meals founder Magnus MacFarlane-Barrow got recognition in the issue. Watch his TEDx Talk.
- And Anita Sarkeesian, who demands better representation of women in video games, was also nominated. Watch her speak at TEDxWomen.
- Diane von Furstenberg was selected too. Watch her playlist of favorite TED Talks.
- And Ebola detective Pardis Sabeti, who will speak at TEDWomen 2015, made the list. Read who else is on the speaker lineup for the upcoming event.